Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Happy Sojourner

'A sojourner is a person who resides temporarily in a place' This is according to wikipedia which we all know is really the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information... (Thank you Michael Scott for the quote of the day).

In all seriousness, I think the 'sojourner' in me began at a young age when I apparently very willingly agreed to church members taking me home with them because 'I was so cute' (obviously). I think for as long as I can remember, I've been content trying new things, meeting people, going places, and generally being busy. I moved for the first time when I left for college. Nay, I did change bedrooms 3 times in high school. But I remember getting into the car leaving for college thinking 'whelp, see ya later' and for the next 9 years have lived in 12 different houses in 5 cities. I have grown to love adventure and travel more and more each year!

I often wonder (as does my mother) why God made me this way. I'm not sure at this point. I am confident that God will use it for His glory. My biggest challenge and greatest joy is seeing Christ in all my travels. And that is my intention of this blog is to share with all of you what God is doing, what He is teaching me, what I'm learning about life, what I'm learning about God.

What I learned today? I am reminded that I a traveler passing through. This world is not my home. I am made for a greater place: to be in heaven with Christ. So why I seek and think I find so much satisfaction in things of this world, I don't know.

Also, don't lean over patients trays to reach behind them, you can knock over their water onto their laps.

No comments:

Post a Comment