Friday, September 23, 2011

Its official!

After a lengthy (more lengthy than I ever imagined) application/interview process, I was accepted into the World Race!! Yay!! God first started opening my eyes to this idea this spring. I have a friend who talked about her amazing experiences in these amazing countries. I praised those experiences and thought that was such a great experience in her life and never once thought 'maybe I should do that.' A few months later, through God's impeccable timing and 'divine appointments' I met another girl who had a map of the world at her house and had pins in every place and country she had visited. I couldn't take my eyes of the map. So of course I asked her how the heck she got to visit all these great countries. 'The World Race' of course! So I drilled her with questions, to which she replied 'Why don't you go?' I of course said 'There's no way! That's funny!' Well God wouldn't leave it alone. I thought all night of logistics: work, school loans, my family, my age (yikes, lol), money. Any and after a wake up call of 'Do you trust Me?' by God, I worked out some financial issues and my head, and said 'Why not?!'

Well, next step was to break the news to my family who don't absolutely love that I travel for a living. God answered that prayer as well! General consensus was 'It seems to be what God has been preparing you to do' which was a huge answer to prayer!

Next step: start saving money! (still in progress)

Next step: go through application process and after bearing all my sins and life history (realizing that I'm the worst Christian ever, thank you Jesus for loving me through it all)

Next step: wait... wait for the call... Then it came!!! They, in fact, are crazy enough to let me come on this amazing trip!!!

Next step: well... pray for financial supporters. If you would like information on how to support me in this wonderful adventure email me at sarah.krystine@gmail.com.

Stay tuned for more details :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment